Wednesday 8 April 2015

APOCALYPSE



Katelyn Steckley
No Hope
Photoshop
April 7th, 2015
   
     In my work I made my own brushes, which I have never done before. My idea was to showcase last chances, because through life you think you're always guaranteed a second chance. This artwork shows that these people had several chances to save the world but didn't. I have a plant growing but a guy is setting an oil can over it because he is oblivious and wasted the last chance of getting natural resources. My ideas did change but only the slightest bit. I wasn't really influenced by any artists, I just tried to create my own kind of style. For the apocalypse idea though, I looked at T&T's work even though I didn't base my whole piece on it.

     I made the background stuff really far back and the stuff in the front really far forward making your eyes move up and down. To do that i used deep dark blues in the background and bright reds in the front area and greens and oranges ass middle tone types. To make your eyes move from left to right, I used different sized brushes and I also overlapped brushes to keep your eyes moving to see what object is next and so on. I used different objects to build the little shelter and also the flowers in the tire, which brought the whole 'apocalypse' subject matter to life.

     I didn't really have motivation to get this done, I mostly just wanted to have it done with. Variety was used well in my project because I had a whole lot of different objects and such making it have a lot of different things to look at. It turned out better than I thought it would so that surprised me. With additional time I think my work would end up looking crowded and overwhelming because I like to add and add things so it's nice to have a specific time to stop as a reminder to slow down.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment